Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Practice page issue?

cmccorvey   November 13th, 2010 9:07a.m.

When I choose to practice "Everything" or one of my cram lists I end up with a mostly blank page (no writing area, no characters/words, clock not ticking, etc). Tried using both Safari and Firefox on Mac - same results.

Anyone else seeing this?

nick   November 13th, 2010 10:52a.m.

Flash is failing to load or initialize. A few questions:

Are you in China?
Does it do it both on skritter.com and skritter.cn?
Are you seeing any JavaScript errors in your browser error console?
Does this link load at all? (it should just have some grey junk in the upper left):
http://skrit.appspot.com/swfs/skritter.swf
Is this from a work computer or home computer? Could there by any firewall stuff going on?

Hope to get this fixed for you!

cmccorvey   November 13th, 2010 6:36p.m.

Well, of course now it works.

I was using skritter.com at the time (I am in China). I tried both this morning nd both are working. I was experiencing slower than usual network performance last night impacting Skype and iTunes downloads when I was using them.

It's my own computer and there is no firewall (except of course the obvious one).

Oh well, I'll use your suggestions to debug if it happens again. Now, off to practice.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!