Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

what is "essentric flavor and alpha features"

Bohan   November 17th, 2010 1:03a.m.

Upon clicking on my username, next to where it says "forum", I saw a couple of settings that I don't understand. Essentric flavor and alpha features? Can anyone tell me what they are? I have alpha features on, but my essentric flavor is off ( I guess don't have any flavor, haha)

Bohan   November 17th, 2010 1:05a.m.

oh yeah, and after clicking on your username, you have to click on "more", to the right of your avatar

nick   November 17th, 2010 9:04a.m.

Eccentric flavor gives you original recipes at the bottom of each page, and makes the success messages you get in the Flash window while practicing much weirder.

Alpha features means you're our guinea pig and will be the first to experience new things we're working on when they're reading for testing, like the vocab redesign.

Bohan iPod   November 17th, 2010 9:09a.m.

Thanks Nick !!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!