Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Fatal error when clicking "pick a graph to display"

nicogo   November 26th, 2010 8:54a.m.

When I click on the link "pick a graph to display" in the "progress" zone of the main Skritter page, I always get an error and Internet Explorer is shut down (on Windows).
Am I the only one or is it a known bug ?

wb   November 26th, 2010 9:03a.m.

A website shouldn't be able to crash your browser, so maybe you should use a different browser, try Firefox, Chrome, Opera...there is actually no reason to use IE I think...

Byzanti   November 26th, 2010 9:37a.m.

Still, there might be a problem with the script there. I can only select a different graph once. The second time on mouse over the picture disappears but there's nothing there to select. This is using a Chrome variant. No crashes though, so for me it wasn't a problem.

mcfarljw   November 26th, 2010 11:55a.m.

Yes, I can only select a graph once as well before the options disappear.

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   November 26th, 2010 12:23p.m.

don't you just click the mini graph for the character/word/definition on the left hand side to display the larger version?

i'm taking it the layout must be different depending on target language

murrayjames   November 26th, 2010 1:48p.m.

This is unrelated, but nicogo I love your avatar :-)

nick   November 28th, 2010 12:49p.m.

I'll get this bug onto the bug list and see if we can't fix the JavaScript there. Thanks for the bug report!

nick   December 2nd, 2010 12:09p.m.

I was able to fix this home page graph bug in normal browsers, but in IE7 I gave up and disabled that feature. So if you want to select another graph, you can't use IE7.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!