Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Server Error

waygee   November 27th, 2010 7:35a.m.

Getting this error when hitting practice button:

Error: Server Error

The server encountered an error and could not complete your request.
If the problem persists, please report your problem and mention this error message and the query that caused it.

Mandarinboy   November 27th, 2010 7:40a.m.

There have been a lot of server errors today. Guess it is the Google app engine having problem again. Try again later or try the skritter.cn address instead. I have had more success with that today. Both have however had a very bad day with a lot of 500 errors, delays etc. Think I am down to only half the time i planned for today.

jcdoss   November 27th, 2010 1:41p.m.

Yes, these errors are becoming more numerous and are starting to interfere with my planned study time. I haven't had problems yet today, but I've had plenty over the past week.

smhon   November 28th, 2010 12:20a.m.

seems only .cn working again...something wrong with .com

smhon   November 28th, 2010 12:54a.m.

@jcdoss
this happened recently too, in the previous post they mentioned some server outage. I'm not sure if it's affecting the .cn too because the .cn site is a bit laggy

nick   November 28th, 2010 12:53p.m.

Sorry guys. I am really pulling for the next App Engine release, which should help us fix a bunch of these issues. I've added an extra time to y'all's accounts, since you couldn't access the site to practice. This sucks!

MasterOfComboBoxes   December 3rd, 2010 1:46a.m.

It does indeed, same issues here from Beijing. Switched to .com a few times but both produce 500 errors and are extremely slow. There is a significant lag after finishing a character, till you can input the next one.

Often I restart the practice session but I am not sure this really helps. It is slower than usual the past week till now.

nick   December 4th, 2010 9:38a.m.

I've enabled a couple changes that I hope will improve the server recovering from lag spikes like this. It hasn't fixed the problem, but time will tell whether it has some effect. There might be a couple other drastic changes we could make to help improve reliability if this doesn't help...

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!