Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Any updates on Skritter with mobile devices?

Bohan   January 16th, 2011 4:20a.m.

I used my friend's Android phone today to test out using Skritter on it. It was pretty cool !

Any updates with Skritter on Itouch/Iphone ?

Does anyone know of the cheapest way to get an Android?

FatDragon   January 16th, 2011 10:17a.m.

Get it from the Jawas - you can occasionally get two for the price of one from them...

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   January 16th, 2011 11:07a.m.

at&t has refurbished samsung galaxy s (captivate) that can be had for free, with a new 2 year contract. keep in mind the data plan and individual talk plan can still be a bit costly on a month to month basis. if you are already an att customer, you can get a free refurbished and then after adding the new line, you can switch it over to a pre existing family plan for only 10 dollars extra per month (plus the data plan- so minimum of 25 a month)... i've actually done three captivates for free this way (replacing out dated phones for my family), and so if you are looking for the cheapest route this is probably it, as the captivates retail $500 normally

ジェレミー (Jeremy)   January 16th, 2011 11:10a.m.

oh- but att sucks, so android 2.2 (which is capable of supporting flash) is currently not offered for any of the at&t phones- so you will have to flash a custom rom that is based on 2.2 if you want to skritter on your device. it will void your warranty- but is very easy to do. i wonder when the official 2.2 will be released for att...

nick   January 16th, 2011 11:47a.m.

No updates on the iOS app yet, no. It will be a while.

JackyCh   January 16th, 2011 1:28p.m.

I have a wildfire updated on android 2.2, but no skritter on the market. Where can I download it? I would love to try it out.

Neil   January 16th, 2011 11:33p.m.

Nick - do you think it will be in Q3/4 2011 or beyond that?

FatDragon   January 17th, 2011 1:02a.m.

@JackyCh - Skritter for Android isn't an app, it's the site running in a mobile web browser. The reason it only works on Android phones so far is the lack of Flash capability on other mobile platforms. I'd be interested to hear your opinion if you get it running - I've heard that the Wildfire's screen would be restrictively small for Skrittering, but I'd be interested to hear opinions from someone who tried it hands-on.

nick   January 17th, 2011 2:29p.m.

It's hard to say, Neil, so I won't give an estimate until I get closer. Sorry!

pts   January 17th, 2011 6:03p.m.

Jobs is taking medical leave again??? What’s the future for ipad or iphone?

podster   January 17th, 2011 8:53p.m.

I should think Skritter would work on a tablet running Windows 7 Mobile, not just Android. (Yes, there are non-Android, non iOS tablets.)

I probably would not buy an Android tablet until Android 3.0 ("Honeycomb") is available and pre-installed on it, since this is supposed to be the tablet-optimized version of the Android OS. However, I have seen on other threads here that Skritter users have been using Android tablets already with some success.

JackyCh   January 22nd, 2011 2:14a.m.

@nick I've tried on wildfire updated on Android 2.2. Using skyfire it is there after a few minutes of loading, but instead of giving in the strokes, the canvas is been moved around and I don't know how to stop this. Is there any solution for this issue?

nick   January 23rd, 2011 5:05p.m.

Skyfire should have a mode for changing the input mode from dragging the screen to performing normal cursor drags; can you play around with that?

JackyCh   January 25th, 2011 6:47a.m.

@Nick: No

nick   January 25th, 2011 7:08p.m.

The Android 2.2 browser has special code for Flash to pass it mouse events instead of dragging the screen once you tap on the Flash content (which gives you visible feedback on the phone). If Skyfire does not do this, and doesn't have a mode for changing your drags (which I had remembered it did, but that may have been something else), then we're out of luck.

Are you seeing the mobile layout, with the prompt on top and Flash below, or the old layout, with the Flash and prompt on left and right?

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!