Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Vocabist 4 Discover China textbook (Anqi,Chen,Lili - Macmillan)

vukimp   January 24th, 2011 7:52p.m.

We use Discover China textbook (by Anqi,Chen,Lili - Macmillan). Is this book in the vocab lists. If not, how can they be added?

蓓蕾   January 25th, 2011 4:15a.m.

If you click on "Vocab Lists" at the top of the page, and then click on the word "Textbooks", you can see all the textbook lists created by the Skritter team.

It looks like they have a "Discovering Chinese 1" list and a "Discussing Everything Chinese, Vol 1", which may or may not be the one you're looking for.

If not, click on "Vocab Lists", then under Made by Me click "make a new list"

For title, you might put "Discover China". I would check the "big list/multiple sections" option, because a textbook is going to have multiple chapters. That way, each chapter can have its own section.

To add a words, first click the big "add a section" button. Give it a name like "Chapter 1".

An arrow will point to "add words". click it, and a box will come up. You can add a word in several ways. The easiest is with the character itself, like 好. You can also use pinyin with tone numbers, like pin1yin1. If it doesn't bring up the word you want, click the "All Results" button, which will show you other options.

This should get you started!

vukimp   January 25th, 2011 6:59p.m.

Thanks. Creating my own lists now.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!