Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Appspot blocked in China

tiantian   February 1st, 2011 2:01a.m.

Is appspot blocked in china? I am in Beijing and cannot access Skritter. It seems to hang when trying to access appspot.

I can only access skritter via my vpn at work. Is there no way around it? I am sure lots of people want to be able to use skritter while in China. But as long I need a VPN to access it, Skritter - sadly - is no option for me.

Regards,

tiantian

Bohan   February 1st, 2011 2:24a.m.

what's a vpn ?

Do you mean that you're able to access Skritter from your computer, but not with your mobile device ?

张飞   February 1st, 2011 4:53a.m.

A vpn is a virtual private network. Mine cost me $25 for the year, and sets my IP address to LA.

Forgot to put it on today and i'm still able to access Skritter from my home in China, so i guess there's something else up tiantian.

Maybe try going to http://www.skritter.cn/

instead, it's their Chinese site.

tiantian   February 1st, 2011 5:00a.m.

Usiung skritter.cn did it. Thanks 张飞!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!