Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

For those looking to skritter on ipad

adgre1   February 3rd, 2011 11:44a.m.

Check out the app Slashtop in the app store. Not only is the the cheapest screen sharing app I've seen but it's the best I've downloaded. It uses a really awesome touch interface which so far for me works well with skritter. It also has the iPad keyboard support and plays sound, so you can skritter on your iPad in a different room. If you don't like using your finger, pick up an iPad stylus. I just got one called istroke that has more of a pen feel(and includes an actual pen) than the pogo's I've used.

Mandarinboy   February 3rd, 2011 12:08p.m.

I have tried to find this in app store, is the name correct? I am really looking for something like this for the Ipad so it would be so great if it would enable skitter for me in any way.

adgre1   February 3rd, 2011 12:52p.m.

Splashtop sorry for the typo

Mandarinboy   February 3rd, 2011 2:24p.m.

Thanks! That where actually very cool. A little bit to slow but I can actually Skritter in bed finally without having an overheated PC in lap. Makes my wife much happier:-)

nick   February 4th, 2011 7:49a.m.

I don't have an iPad, but am very curious! Does anyone have anything they can use to make a video demo of this and put it on YouTube? The VNC-style apps like this that I'd tried before had been too slow to really Skritter on, so I'm wondering how quickly this one can run compared to the others.

DrGrace   February 4th, 2011 5:39p.m.

I'm wondering too. Unfortunately my Mac is still on MacOS 10.5 (upgrading to Snow Leopard would cause incompatibilities with my firewire audio interface), so I can't run Splashtop. I've been trying many of these VNC apps on the iPad and still haven't found one that works efficiently. And they all require a double-tap to start a stroke. Does Splashtop work more like a drawing interface, i.e. like a Wacom tablet?

adgre1   February 4th, 2011 10:31p.m.

i'll try and make a video later today. the setup i like to use for it is ethernet pluged into my computer and then ipad on a computer to computer network (link here http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/8339.html ). that makes a little faster sometimes.

DevorahinLA   February 8th, 2011 5:33p.m.

Thanks! This is a very cool app!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!