Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

A question!

DaXia   February 3rd, 2011 5:18a.m.

Hi!

Is there any way to make it change word "automatically", like when I have written a character, I have to press the "next" button, and when I have chosen a tone, I have to press it again. This might not sound like much, but when u have a 500 word list, then thats a 1000 extra clicks. And if u are doing what I do, watching tv shows or something in another window while practicing, those extra clicks are REALLY annoying. I know that u can press space instead, but thats almost even more uncomfortable.

Is there any way to fix this? Preferably making it an option so that u can chose 100% automatic, or stop and click, since there might also be ppl who likes to review the word and click next inbetween.

Thank you in advance!

jww1066   February 3rd, 2011 6:24a.m.

I wouldn't want it to move automatically to the next one. Many times Skritter chooses the wrong grade for a character and I have to correct it, and the only opportunity is while it's waiting for me to hit "Next".

James

DaXia   February 3rd, 2011 7:05a.m.

Yeah, I understand that some ppl might want to keep it the way it is, thats why I said that it should be customizable^^

nick   February 3rd, 2011 7:11a.m.

Have you tried clicking your cursor anywhere in the Flash window? When you finish a prompt, your cursor will turn into a next arrow, and you can click anywhere--takes almost no time. It's a lot easier and faster than clicking the button or space.

DaXia   February 3rd, 2011 7:26a.m.

Thanks Nick! I will try that.

I have another question too, if you don't mind :D

Sometimes when I click a wordlist, like new hsk, then hsk6, it asks me what words I would like to begin with, and then I can chose like 1-100, 100-200 and so on. If I chose 1-100, does that mean that I only get to study the first 100 words, and then have to click 100-200 when finished, or will I get to study the whole list, but it will download the 1-100 words first?

I would really like to study one huge list consisting of all the words from hsk2-hsk6. How do I do that?

Ty!

nick   February 3rd, 2011 7:37a.m.

It will automatically move on to the next section when it's done, unless you set it to do that manually in your study settings, in which case it will move to the next section but set it to "Reviewing Words From" instead of "Adding Words From". So you can start from the beginning as the default.

To study the new HSK 2-6 lists, you can go to each of 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 and click "Study List". Then as you practice, it'll slowly add through each list in parallel when you click "Study All My Words" on the study page. You could also study all the way through 2, then start 3, then start 4, etc.--you'd be reviewing all the ones you'd done so far, but you'd start by adding the easy ones. Depending on your level, this could be good, or you could prefer to mix it up with the harder words thrown in there from the start.

DaXia   February 3rd, 2011 3:52p.m.

Thanks again!

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!