Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

word reading problem

jww1066   February 3rd, 2011 5:17p.m.

I just ran into a problem with the reading prompt for 糖醋排骨; I entered a wrong tone in the reading prompt (tángcùpàigǔ instead of tángcùpáigǔ). When I hit enter it turned red and showed me the mistake, and I hit "enter" to advance to the next word, then decided to go back and set the score for the whole word, so I hit the "back" button and to my surprise the whole word was marked as OK rather than so-so, even though I'd gotten a tone wrong. Is this intentional or a bug? I thought it marked readings wrong or so-so if even a single tone was wrong.

James

nick   February 4th, 2011 7:11a.m.

Ah, I see. The reading item for the word was marked correctly and the tone item so-so. I had code for using the worse of the two grades for the indicator there when it happened, but when you went back it fired different code that just looked at the grade for the reading item.

The code in there is not the simplest, so I'll put it on my bug list rather than fix it right away. Thanks for the bug report.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!