Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

Pop-up issue

HappyBlue 善卿   February 6th, 2011 8:55p.m.

It might be just me that gets this as I haven't seen anyone else comment about it, but who knows ...

When I am studying and I select a pop-up option, either details about the word / character or to add a new mnemonic, sometimes that pop-up won't appear. The top area of the pop-up appears, with the red cross showing, but the contents won't show. If this happens then none of the pop-ups for that word will work until I move on to the next word.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern for this, I know a pop-up has worked for a word, but next time I try, it might not.

I am using Chrome 9 (it claims to be up-to-date) on Windows 7.

Does anyone else have this issue or see any patterns that have caused this that could make locating the issue easier?

jww1066   February 7th, 2011 7:04a.m.

I've had the same problem intermittently for a couple of days. Chrome 9.0.597.86 on Windows XP.

nick   February 8th, 2011 8:36a.m.

Can you check your Chrome JavaScript console next time this happens to see if there are any errors (besides missing sounds), or even check its resource loading console to see if the HTTP request for loading the popup did something weird like never completing or loading an error? (It's Ctrl+Shift+J to get the JS popup, and if you don't know how to interpret the resource loading data, that's fine.)

jww1066   February 8th, 2011 1:53p.m.

I think I checked at the time and didn't see anything, but I'll keep an eye out for the next time.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!