Looks like the Great Firewall or something like it is preventing you from completely loading www.skritter.com because it is hosted on Google App Engine, which is periodically blocked. Try instead our mirror:

legacy.skritter.cn

This might also be caused by an internet filter, such as SafeEyes. If you have such a filter installed, try adding appspot.com to the list of allowed domains.

pronounciation

oshibai   February 12th, 2011 12:38p.m.

hi.

so far i really liked skritter. helps a lot learning to remember how to write each word/kanji.

but just now i showed skritter to my japanese girlfriend and she told me, that the pronounciation of the words (learning JLPT 4 vocab at the moment) is often wrong.

so im wondering if you guys gonna correct that stuff or not, because im still on free demo and yeah i would have to take that in consideration since i dont want to pay for wrong pronounciation.

Bohan   February 12th, 2011 6:37p.m.

I remember reading about Japanese pronunciation issues on another Skritter thread a while ago. I don't use Skritter for Japanese, I use it for Chinese, but I'm curious if the issue is related to intonation.

Can someone who is studying Japanese on Skritter explain the issue and maybe give a couple of examples ? I'm curious because I might decide to try to learn Japanese someday

nick   February 13th, 2011 12:27p.m.

Here's the other thread:
http://www.skritter.com/forum/topic?id=64556031

Does this answer your question, oshibai?

If there are wrong pronunciations that aren't related to intonation, then you can submit a correction using the feedback widget on the study page (using the "Audio correction" tag) and we'll get them fixed up.

This forum is now read only. Please go to Skritter Discourse Forum instead to start a new conversation!